You likely have several reasons to revitalize your downtown, for example:
- Generating more tax revenue for the local government, since downtowns generate the most tax revenue per acre.
- Creating a walkable place.
- Encouraging more small businesses.
However, you may struggle understanding how to start.
In this video, Strong Towns president and founder Chuck Marohn shares his tips on how you—with the help of friends—can start to revitalize your downtown, including:
- Why you must have a group of like-minded peers to help throughout the process.
- How to observe existing issues in your downtown.
- How to decide what to do first.